Entering visitor information for your chapter is a very important function. It allows you to utilize BNI Connect to track and report on your visitors, follow up and communicate with your visitors, and finally to convert visitors into a new member for your chapter.
This article explains how to enter the details of a person that has visited your chapter but did NOT pre-register to attend the meeting.
Navigate to the Chapter Operations Menu
Note: When using the shortcut menu link, the next step is bypassed.
Verify Your Chapter Selection and Choose Your Operation
- Click on Manage Visitor
- Click on Add a Visitor
Add a Visitor - Detail Entry Screen 1
- Choose whether this visitor is to be credited in the PALMS report. Some reasons to deselect this box would be for a second visit, a member from another chapter, or other guests where you wish to still record the visitor details but not affect the statistics for the chapter. Note: The Vice President will review each entry before it is submitted to the PALMS report and may accept or reject the credit at their discretion.
- Verify that the correct chapter is listed.
- Choose an Industry and Classification. These fields are mandatory. If you are uncertain, you may choose "Other". This can be changed at a later time if necessary.
- Select the chapter member that invited this person from the dropdown list <or> if your region allows this option, choose the Search Cross Chapter button to select a member from another chapter in the region (see additional steps below). The dropdown list will contain all active chapter members, regional team members (Directors, Admins and Ambassadors) and an option to select "BNI" or "Visitor". In chapter persons will be given credit in the PALMS report.
- The default language of your region is automatically listed.
- Select the date the visitor attended the chapter meeting. Only valid chapter dates will be available for selection. If PALMS credit is selected, it will be inserted into that week's meeting for review.
- Enter the Name of the visitor.
- Use the vertical scroll bar for additional entry details.
Searching Cross Chapter
- Clicking on the Search Cross Chapter button will allow you to search for another member in your region.
- Enter at least the first two characters of the First Name.
- <And\Or> Enter at least the first two characters of the the Last Name.
- <And\Or> Enter at least the first two characters of the Company Name.
- Click Search to find the member.
- Click Reset to clear your search and begin a new search.
- Click Back to cancel the search and return to the Visitor Entry screen.
Add a Visitor - Detail Entry Screen 2
- Enter the visitor's company name, address and contact details.
- Enter an email address for the visitor and choose whether or not to send the automated Visitor Follow Up email. If deselected, the email address will become non-mandatory.
- Enter any notes about this visitor.
- Use the Save and New button to save this visitor and immediately start a new visitor entry. Press the Submit button to save your visitor information and return to the previous menu. Press the close button to discard this information and return to the previous menu.
Copyright © 2016 BNI, All Rights Reserved